Let’s play 18xx!
Second Monday of each month (first meeting 9 February 2009) starting at ~18:30hrs, and then every month after that.
Yahoo! Inc. 701 First Avenue Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Yahoo! corporate Cafeteria (“URLs”)/SB-Boardgamers. By the bye, we’re expecting multiple people from the North Bay (Layfayette/Oakland/etc) area. Carpooling is a likely possibility.
Depending on where you are coming from:
- North on 101 to North Mathilda (just before 237 exit, go straight under the overpass and past Moffet on your left)
- South on 101 to 237 then exit 237 immediately and turn left onto North Mathilda (go under the overpass)
- West on 237 to North Mathilda (just before 101 exit, turn right onto North Mathilda when you see the blue cube at Moffet)
- East on 237 to North Mathilda (right after 101 South exit, turn left under the overpass)
- North on Mathilda to First St/Bordeaux (last light on the straight way)
- Left on First St
- Follow the curve to the right and turn into the Yahoo! parking lot
- Park in Visitor Parking on either side
- Walk away from the guard booth across the round-about
- Go past the fountain and across the grassy quad
- We play in the glass-fronted cafeteria on the other side of the quad
The idea is to play school-night friendly 18xx games (some of us have to get up in the morning!) but with a focus on teaching games and introducing new people to the 18xx hobby. To that end I’ve some games that can easily fit in an evening:
- 1825 (Units 1, 2 and 3, all regionals and kits)
- 1889 (we’ve been playing this a lot, great teaching/learning game!)
If you’ve games you’d like to play, please bring them! Coordination around what we’ll be playing, who will be attending etc should be done through the SB-Boardgamer‘s mailing list (they meet at the same time and place).